Yea, I use to go to church on Sunday’s dressed in my best. Quiet environment, be polite, stand, kneel, pray and kneel some more. It wasn’t the best hour of my life but it was my religion. Now think about what you did last weekend out to the club, dancing, yelling, sweating, meeting new people, and enjoying the sound of music. Now imagine this as your religion your church your sanctuary. That’s what the nice people at beatportal.com are trying to accomplish.
In a way clubbing is already a religion and only needs to be stamped officially. Think about it, some clubbers go out every weekend, they might have one favorite club [church], pay to enter the club [offering], dance to the beats of the DJ [listen to the words of the lord] you get the point. A online petition has been set up to make this idea a reality. It all falls back to the island of dance Ibiza, as local officials are trying to ban clubbing from the island but if it where a religion that would not fly.
- Mars / Craigslist Hoax / SF / Confirmed
- How Clubbing Changed the World / DJ Idris Elba / Clubbing Documentary
- Treasure Island Music Festival / LineUp / SF / 2008
- SF Dreamteam, you got that right
- Steve Angello / Governors Island / NYC / SIZE Matters!!
- Ibiza Summer 2009 / Let’s Go On Holiday Folks! / DJMAG Issue